New Montessori Learning Pathway opening at Pakiri School
From July, 2019 Pakiri School is excited to offer two learning pathways under a ‘one school’ vision. Mahurangi Montessori Primary, which was established in 2009, will be relocating to Pakiri School to form the base for our new Montessori Pathway.
The new pathway will offer a full Montessori primary cycle (age 6-12) and be open to all families who value a teaching method that is highly personalised to the learning style and pace of each child.
Position Vacancy: Qualified Montessori 6-12 teacher
We are seeking a Montessori trained (6-12) and fully registered New Zealand teacher, or an international teacher who is eligible for registration by having a three, or four year teaching degree as well as Montessori training, to lead our new Montessori Pathway. This is an exciting opportunity to revolutionise how the Montessori Pedagogy is integrated into a New Zealand State School under a collaborative partnership model.
We are a small, progressive, semi-rural primary school, running from year one to eight, with a rich Māori culture and heritage. We are situated near world class beaches and native bush with natural resources on our doorstep.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Have a passion for Montessori education and for working with children this age.
- Have high emotional intelligence: be adaptive, self-aware, empathetic, balanced, curious, gracious.
- Be highly collaborative.
- Be able to build positive relationships with our Principal, Board of Trustees, staff, children, whānau and the wider community.
- Be organised and self-driven.
- Be committed to nurturing the growth, development and independence of our children.
You will be part of a team that is passionate about delivering a new Montessori Pathway with plenty of professional development opportunities and a supportive environment.
Montessori qualifications are preferred, but should you have a willing ‘Montessori heart’ and be prepared to commit to Montessori training, then we would also like to hear from you.